I don't usually post often but today is an exception . Today I attended a talk by Benny Lewis the Irish Polyglot. Benny has a great blog and Youtube channel for learning languages. He speaks 12 languages ! which is really quite impressive for somebody who had average results in languages at school. Benny's approach to language learning is quite informal and relaxed in contrast to many traditional methods of language learning.He tells us "to not be afraid of making mistakes while learning languages" and not be afraid to practice with strangers. He has traveled the world over learning and speaking languages, his enthusiasm for language learning is exhilarating and his ability to almost perfectly imitate regional accents is quite incredible. Benny's approach to language learning is quite revolutionary.He singed a copy of the book for me and wrote "go neiri leat" which translates to good luck in the national language of my country Irish or "Gaeilge". I hope this book will help me improve my Irish and maybe encourage me to learn another language.
His book is called "Fluent in 3 Months" and is available in bookstores worldwide and online
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0rlgUogwE4p0T4Rm87qeCA
http://www.fluentin3months.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment